What is considered smoke damage during a fire outbreak, a house owner is generally devastated and confused so as to fire and smoke damage . Apart from being an emergency, the real task is to assess the total damage and fire damage clean up negotiation with your insurance agents.
A property fire is a serious loss and needs immediate attention of a professional fire damage restoration company. The common causes of fire outbreak are short circuits in your internal wiring; improper ventilation system makes the HVAC system vulnerable to catch fire easily and open candles and flames kept at home.
What is Considered Smoke Damage -Types of considerable Smoke Damage
- Wet Smoke Damage – The fire that burns or smolder at low flames cause some serious wet smoke damage. Wet smoke damage can be identified with its thick coating and pungent smell.
- Dry Smoke Damage – Dry smoke damage is caused due to high fire flames and high heat levels. It leaves a powdery, dry and thin residue after it goes off. fire and smoke damage traces here are quite easy to clean.
- Fuel Oil Smoke Damage – This is caused due to the flames coming from an oil burning furnace. This fire leaves a thick and sticky residue with a strong odor. This is one of the most dangerous smoke damage that can completely destroy décor items.
Fire and Smoke Damage – How is Smoke Damage evaluated by Smoke Repair Companies?
- The smoke damage cleaning companies have a team of highly trained technicians who are well versed in ascertaining what is considered smoke damage. They will undergo a detailed analysis of the entire property in order to take a clue about the repair work and damages.
- Electrical items are generally labeled as Beyond Economic Repair (BER) and listed separately for the insurance analysis. Items like furniture, cutlery, rugs, carpeting, clothing, etc. are generally restored to their original state.
- All the restorable items are taken for the smoke damage cleaning process and are stored in a separate place until the complete restoration process is finished. The pungent smoke smell is removed with the help of latest thermal fogging treatment.
- A detailed estimation of property and financial loss is handed over to the house owner. He can further submit these claims to his insurance company. An insurance policy will reimburse any expenses incurred on repairing or replacing items damaged by ash, smoke, and soot. If you too have suffered such loss recently and wondering about what is considered smoke damage,
Smoke Damage Restoration – Top 5 Smoke Restoration Companies in the USA
- Smoke Service Restoration, Inc., Illinois – The rich experience of 45 years have brought this company to the top 5 restoration companies in Illinois. The expert technicians are efficient in identifying smoke damages and control the pungent odor with advanced techniques.
- Total Restoration Services, Florida – Hire this efficient smoke damage control company to recover your valuable items damaged from smoke. They have years of experience in efficiently handling restoration cases in Florida.
- SERVPRO of Ravenswood, Chicago – You need not worry about anything when SERVPRO is present for your service. They have a team of efficient technicians who can successfully restore your damaged items.
- TSC Restoration, Inc., CA – TSC Restoration is available for your service 24*7. You can contact their experienced technicians in case of emergency. They can give you an exact loss estimation which you can submit to your insurance company.
- 911 Restoration Miami, Miami – This popular smoke restoration company can offer you high-quality services like upholstery, carpets, rugs, and floor cleaning services. They have successfully handled many large scale projects in Miami.
It is always advisable to hire a reputed public loss adjuster in case your insurance company denies paying you for the loss you have incurred due to smoke.
For more information about smoke damage restoration you can visit our home page restoration services.