Torch down roofing services is in high demand. This is due to its high durability at an affordable rate. There are several types of roofing in the market. Whatever might be the roofing services available in the market,
This is usually done by the heating process. The professionals use the open fire flames to stick the sheets to the surface of the roof. This has high waterproof, heatproof, and efficient energy. You can also take roofing companies near me for more details.
Moreover, you can also avail of our professional roofing services. Want to avail of our services? Then, all you need to do is just give us a call and we will be there in front of you soon.
Want to know more about this torch down roofing process? If yes, then you have come to the right place. You can also find roofer for more details.
Torch Down Roofing – Details Description
Torch Down Roofing is used in several houses. Because of its strong and sturdy nature, it can last for several years if installed properly. Usually, this roofing needs a propane torch during the installation.
The sheets are rolled out onto the surface floor and specialists use the special heating material to stick the sheet to the surface. These roofing layers are made up of asphalt material. Later it can be modified to rubber or plastic.
Do you know this material can be expanded or contracted without any cracklings? So, this is the reason why this material can bear the high intensity of hot and cold temperatures.
There are different types of torch down roofing based on the number of layers of the material. Want to know more about the different types of roofing? Yup, then here it is. we have also elaborated on the premier roofing for more info.
Roofing Torch Down – Classification
There are two types of roofing systems. They are two-layer and three-layer roofing systems. Usually, the three-layer roofing system is stronger than the two-layer roofing system. So, several people prefer to install a three-layer roofing system.
The components of this roofing system include the following things.
- Base flashing
- Cap flashing
- Cap sheet
- Overlay board
- Vapor barrier
- Base sheet
Both two-layer and three-layer roofing torch down systems have a base sheet and cap sheet. However, three-layer roofing will have an extra smooth cap sheet. This ensures more durability and thus increases the life of the roof.
It is also resistant to fire, energy-efficient, and promotes coolness in the home. The two-layer roofing system can last for about 15 years. The three-layer roofing system can last for more than 20 years. for elaborate info you can take elite roofing.
This roofing system has several benefits. Here is the list of a few of the advantages of this roofing system.
- This roofing system has excellent water-resistant power. The materials of this roof are waterproof and hence, resist the flow of water into the houses.
- The surface of this roof does not allow water to accumulate. It drains the water completely and keeps away algae, fungi, and other bacteria.
- The best part of this roofing system is it can bear any temperature, either cold or hot. The material of this roof also does not damage due to expansion and contraction phenomenon.
- Best for snowy area buildings. Usually, the snow remains on the surface of the roof. And it remains there itself until it melts into water.
- It is more durable and stays up to 15 to 20 years or even more sometimes.
- It is also energy efficient. It reflects the sun’s rays on the hot sunny days. And promotes coolness in the house. Hence, you can even reduce the cost of electricity bills.
- The surface of these roofing is UV-resistant. These roofing are 200% safe and secure.
- The repair can be fixed very easily. So, you no need to worry about the repairs, replacements, or installations as they are pretty simple and easier.
So, these are the few benefits of the torch down roofing. Now, you should also know a few of its cons before installing this roofing system. You can also check commercial roofing.
Like many other materials, it also has cons. However, the disadvantages of this material are comparatively low to many other materials in the market. Want to know more about the cons?
- Many installers suggest or choose other roofing systems because dealing with this roofing system is dangerous. Professionals have to deal with the gas that is an open flame. So, there might be a huge risk of burns and fire accidents.
- However, several safety measures are guided to the professionals. These safety programs have significantly reduced the number of risks and damage to the professionals and other workers. Also, if you are hiring any roofing professional, make sure to check his/her Certified Roofing Torch Applicator(CERTA) training certifications.
- This roofing system is costlier due to the various highly advanced equipment used while installing it.
- Another main disadvantage of this roofing system is that there might be many leaks if it is not properly sealed. This damages the entire building roofing systems. And costs a lot of money.
However, three-layer torch down roofing is less likely to be prone to these damages. So, this is the reason why these roofing systems are properly sealed and installed by the professionals.
If you want to avail of this service, then call us. Our professionals and expert team will be in front of you soon and help you out in the installation process. Moreover, we also have a 100% warranty. You can also explore rolled roofing.
Torch Down Roofing Cost – Important Point
The minimum cost for 1,200 square feet roofing is 365 USD. While the maximum cost is 1,075 USD.
These are usually high in pricing. Due to the installation process and equipment used while installing these roofs. However, these are highly resistant to water and life longer. So, you can happily invest on these roofs.
However, there are many other types of torch down roofings available at a less price but are low-quality than the high price roofings.
Some of them are mentioned below.
- The cost of bargain-grade or discounted roofing lies in between the 365 USD to 460 USD for 1200 square feet.
- The superior torch down roofing cost lies in between the 850 USD to 1,075 USD for the same 1200 square feet.
Usually, the price varies based on different factors such as the composition of the materials, warranty, lifespan, and many more. High priced roofing tend to have more lifespan and warranty.
Now, it’s time to know the installation process. Here is the detailed installation process.
Torch Down Roofing Installation – How to Install
You can install this roofing system in just a few steps as given below. Usually, this roofing consists of bitumen that is modified and similar to asphalt. If this is installed properly, without any mistake then this roofing can last for more than 20 years with fewer maintenance charges even.
So, you should choose the right roofing team. And we assure you to provide the best team ever at an affordable cost. Here you can get all the details torch down roofing installation.
One should wear protective glass before using any open flare devices. Here are the detailed steps of installation.
- Clean the surface
It is always important to clean the surface before installing roofs. Because dirt and dust can interrupt in the middle of the installation process. And thus, leads to improper installation.
So, before you install it is important to remove all the debris, twigs, dirt, dust, etc. This dirt and dust even prevent the water-resistant property of this roofing.
- Removing old flashing
By removing the old flashings, you can install the new bitumen torch down roofing properly. To remove this flashing, use the hammer.
- Replace flashing
It is one of the important steps. So, take your own time to replace the flashing. This proper flashing also ensures the high water resistance power of the material. If the flashing is stuck in the middle, then you need to slice through the bitumen using a knife.
- Installing mesh
You can install the mesh side by side on the roofing material. Usually, professionals overlap them at a distance of 0.95 cm. Now, if there is any excess, you can use knife or scissors.
If you don’t know where to purchase mesh, no worry. It’s available in several nome improvement stores.
- Attaching mesh
Now, it’s time to attach the mesh with the nails. Take care while nailing the mesh and make sure to nail tightly and strongly. For this, you can use nail gun.
- Cover the outside edges
To cover the outside edges you can use the flashing. Get the accurate size of the flashing by scaling your roof. If you dod not have enough flashing material, then you can separately paste them side by side.
Make sure you choose the proper flashing with strong texture and high-quality. After covering with the flashing, trim the edges.
- Attach the flashings
To attach these flashings strongly, use the galvanized cells. Because these are highly waterproof. Also, choose the long length nails. So that they can penetrate deep into the roofs.
The length of the ideal nail is 3.8 cm. However, you have to choose the longer nails depending on your roof.
- Spray the flashing
You should now spray the flashing using the bitumen primer. Also, make sure you see and check the labels of the primer before you purchase. Because you should choose primer that is used for the torch down roofing.
- Unrolling the bitumen sheets
Wear the gloves and mask before melting the rolls. As you have to deal with the heat and flame, you should take precautions. These rolls are strong and durable. Start unrolling these sheets from the one end of your house roof.
Similarly, cover the entire roof with these sheets. After unrolling it, cut the excess sheets.
- Rerolling and heating the primer sheets
Now, reroll the sheet. This is because to expose the fiberglass onto it. After rerolling the half of the sheet, you start spraying propane torch. So that it will stick to the surface of the roof tightly.
Adjust the flame and adhere the sheet to the roof. Blue flames are more dangerous than the red flames. So, be careful while dealing with these torches. Now, heat the sheets and roll it forward to stick them to the surface.
Similarly, you can repeat this process for all the sheets. That’s it, you are done even with the installation process.
Torch Down Roofing Repair – Avail of our Services
If you want any services, then we are here to help you out. Our professional and expert team will help you in all kind of designing, installations, repairs, and replacement of the roofing.
We understand the importance of strong and durable roofs for your happier homes. And we provide all the high-quality services at an affordable rate. Yes, you can get our services at affordable rates. Even sometimes at basic rates.
No matter how small or big the roofing repairs are, we are here to solve all the problems soon. Moreover, as we have professional and experienced staff, we give the best warranty.
So, want to avail of torch down roofing repair services? So, all you need to do is just give us a call and we will be in front of you soon. You can also visit our page disaster restoration services.