Different techniques for cleaning your carpet
If you are looking for some hardcore information about the different carpet cleaning techniques available in the market, here are the best ones that we believe will fit your expectations:
- Hot Water Extraction/Steam Cleaning: Hot water extraction or steam cleaning uses hot water with a high-pressure wand applied to the carpet fiber. Both the hot water and pressure work to remove dense dirt, mud, dust, and other carpeting material, allowing it to be quickly removed. Steam even “fluffs up” matted carpet fabrics so the carpeting in your home looks healthier and feels more comfortable and fluffy under your foot.
- Carpet Shampooing: Carpet shampoo uses different detergents that are diluted with plenty of water, much like hair shampoos! Rotating brushes may be used to scrub the shampoo and penetrate it into every layer of the carpet, which in turn will help to remove dirt and debris. Clean water is then used to wash the detergent solution so that the carpets are now clean and odor-free.
- Dry Cleaning: The carpet dry cleaning process requires a special powder detergent or similar chemicals to be diluted with a small volume of water. The powder is forced into the fibers by a spinning brush and a special extraction tool then extracts the detergent along with accumulated dirt and debris.
- Foam cleaning: For absolutely filthy carpets, one can completely rely upon the foam cleaning technique. In this process, a specialized foam is added to the surface of the carpet, where it starts bubbling and expanding. Now, this expanding foam collects the dirt particles and debris, and takes them to the surface of the carpet, which then can be removed with utmost precision. Then, the steam extraction process is used for removing the foam and dirt particles that were trapped in the carpet.
- Bonnet Cleaning: Bonnet cleaning uses a special carpet cleaning machine over the top, with a sort of thick towel or hat. This bonnet rubs rug shampoo around the carpet fiber sheet and then removes the shampoo along with accumulated dirt and debris.
Our Verdict: The Best Cleaning Techniques
Homeowners still aren’t aware that shampoos are not always the only way to clean carpets at their homes and that they have more choices than ever before for carpet cleaning. Some methods of carpet cleaning are light and cheap, while other methods might be expensive but they always prove to be a better choice for removing the most difficult stains and dirt and debris that these carpets gather from the floors.
- Generally, steam cleaning is one of the best ways of cleaning your carpet since this particular process helps in removing more than 90% of the dirt and bacteria accumulated on the carpet’s surface. This particular carpet cleaning method ensures dragging out all the hidden impurities from the carpet’s innermost layers.
- Another importantly effective process is dry cleaning, as it is not only the most extensive way of cleaning the carpet but the process also ensures that the carpet is quickly ready for heavy-foot traffic.
Carpet Cleaning Mistakes to Avoid
Whether you choose a professional company or decide to get the cleaning job all on your own, make sure that you avoid these mistakes from happening.
- Avoid pressure: Stop putting too much pressure on your carpet while brushing or scrubbing it. By pressing the spinning brush through the carpet fibers, you are ensuring that the fibers are loosened. As a result of that, the carpet will start appearing rugged or fuzzy or threadbare.
- Get rid of the cleaning chemicals: Make sure that you extract all the traces of detergent, shampoo, foam, and other carpet cleaning chemicals thoroughly as soon as the cleaning process concludes. You would probably know that the residual detergents are generally sticky in nature and they can get easily trapped in the layers of your carpet and eventually lock dirt particles inside the carpet fibers. Therefore, make sure that you clean them extensively.
- Avoid movements on damp carpets: Unless you want your carpet to attain a permanently rugged, flattened and worn appearance, ensure that you don’t walk on the carpet while it is damp. Wait as much as possible before the carpet dries up completely.
If you avoid these carpet cleaning mistakes, we promise that your carpet will not only stay clean and healthy but it would also have a long life.
Carpet Cleaning Costs
In case you are looking for the exact price of carpet cleaning services, it would be very difficult to predict a generic figure without knowing where you stay. Although you can simply search over the internet for “how much does carpet cleaning cost”, different locations might have distinct tariffs associated with such a specialized service. However, we have tried to consider all the factors and eventually came up with an average price range that you might require paying your specialist carpet cleaner.
- The average cost of carpet cleaning services in the United States of America is $0.25 per square foot of carpet.
- Or else, you might consider the price to be anywhere between $25 and $70 per room. However, in most cases, homeowners might require to pay $50 per room depending on the additional services they opt for.
- If you have a three-bedroom home or apartment, you might need to pay about $175 while people who have a larger might need to pay somewhere between $300 and $600 as carpet cleaning costs.
In short, the national average carpet cleaning services cost in America is $50, while the minimum range starts at $25, with the average range being anywhere between $35 and $55 and the maximum rate you can expect to pay is $70.
Note a few important variations between carpet cleaning methods as well as some tips for keeping floors as clean as possible to ensure that you keep the carpets and area rugs as well as all other flooring materials in good shape and look their best. Then you can discuss your options with a carpet cleaning company near you when it’s time to clean your carpets and floors by professionals.
Choosing the right company
Just in case you are looking for an affordable and reliable carpet cleaning service provider, as mentioned above, all you need to do is search for carpet cleaning near me and thousands of companies’ names and contact details would come up on your computer screen. But choosing the best one should be your motto. In that regard, you must start looking for special features like after-service communication, warranty, etc.
Remember that carpet cleaning isn’t a one-off activity. Everyone will need such a service at regular intervals unless they aren’t interested in leading a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, before choosing your preferred carpet cleaner, make sure that your chosen company adheres to ethics, and maintains transparency, and more importantly, make sure that they are not trying to rip you off. At the end of the day, the companies should clean your carpet with the aim of securing your home’s cleanliness and enhancing its freshness.
In case you are searching for a state-of-the-art carpet cleaning facility, don’t be shy to get in touch with us. We are a prestigious institution in our sector and over the years, we have built a strong reputation for ourselves, thanks to the dedication of our workers and the support of our recurring customers. Be a part of our extended family.
Call us today or leave a comment below! We’ll get back to you at the earliest with the most suitable carpet cleaning solution.