How to repair water damaged ceiling plaster is an obvious concern for every house owner after they have suffered ceiling water damage. Water damaged ceiling goes unnoticeable unless the damage is irreversible. You should be alert to indications like sagging, musty smell, discolored spots, drips, etc. if there are still any queries you can search water damage restoration companies near me to resolve your problem as soon as possible.
The bottom line is you need to repair the damage as soon as possible to prevent any further damage to the ceiling and hardwood floor repair water damage. Generally, water damage happens due to a pipeline burst or a leakage in the roof, but the restoration technicians are the best people to comment here.
How to repair water damaged ceiling plaster – Signs of Water Damaged Ceiling
When you suffer from ceiling water damage, some indications are given by the appearance of your ceiling.
- Discoloration or stains on the front surface of the ceiling
- Yellow, black or green spots on the ceiling indicating an underlying mold growth
- Peeling wallpaper and paint where the wall and ceiling meet
- Saggy ceiling due to water accumulation
- Any sort of musty smell is a definite indication of a water damaged ceiling.
Plaster Ceiling Repair Water Damage – Some Quick Tips
- Identify the leakage source – First and foremost, identify the main source of water leakage that is damaging your ceiling. Some common causes can be a leaky roof, leaky pipes, clogged gutters, leaking appliances, etc. This is necessary because all your restoration efforts will go in vain if the water leakage comes back.
- Fix and completely stop the water leakage – Immediately seal all the possibilities of further water leakage. You can hire an experienced plumbing service provider for this task.
- Remove the damaged plaster once the ceilings get dry – Once you have stopped the water leakage completely, let the ceiling walls get dry. You can now remove the damaged plaster by scratching it with a plaster removal tool.
- Restoring it back to normal – Give fresh paint to the affected area to make it look normal! Make sure you match the shade with the rest of the ceilings.
- Professional Help – Before doing any sort of experiment with your plaster ceiling repair water damage, make sure you consult an expert. Water damage restoration service providers have the required expertise in identifying the exact cause of water damage and repair them back to normal. This will also give you an understanding about how to repair water damaged ceiling plaster.
Water Damage Restoration – Top 5 Ceiling Restoration Companies
- Malcolm Contracting Service, Boston – If you have recently experienced any ceiling discoloration or pale colored patches on it, consult one of the most popular water damaged ceiling repair companies in Boston. They have an experience of identifying the root cause of the water leakage and effectively repairing it.
- Restoration Eze – Restoration Eze offers high-quality water damaged ceiling restoration services all over the USA. They have an efficient team of technicians who have a good understanding of the said subject and believe in delivering the best service every time.
- Water Damage Restoration, Atlanta – Serving its clients for quite a long time, this restoration company offers reliable ceiling repair services. They follow a structured procedure in identifying the cause of leakage until final ceiling painting.
- RestorePro Reconstruction, Raleigh – If you are looking for professional water damaged ceiling plaster repairing company in Raleigh, this can be the one for you. They offer high-end services pertaining to water damaged ceiling restoration and have successfully managed many projects.
- Drymedic Restoration Services, Michigan – You can completely rely on the kind of expertise and wide range experience they have in repairing the water damaged ceiling plaster. They use high-quality equipment and material in the repairing process.
If you too have recently experienced water damaged ceiling due to any reason, contact the professional restoration company today. Waiting for too long can escalate the damage on your ceiling. For more information about how to repair water damaged ceiling plaster, you can visit our home page restoration services.