Why should you consider replacing the Garage Door?
Many homeowners tend to find a solution to how to repair the garage door. You see replacing the garage door is much better than getting it repaired again and again. Though it will correct the door faults, somewhere, frequent repairs also lessen its durability. Here are some solid reasons that will justify that replacement is a better option when you experience frequent garage door issues.
- Safety – Getting your garage door repair will multiply the safety and security of your property. This is especially important when you have expensive cars, senior citizens, and kids at home. Also, the advanced garage doors offer the latest safety features.
- Security System – Getting a new garage door gives you an option to program it with your home security system. This will allow you to keep an eye on every single movement around the garage door. Sounds good, right?
- Better Appearance – If you are looking forward to experimenting with your existing décor options, getting a garage door repair or replacement can be a wise decision. You can get many creative, versatile, and interesting options in this category.
- Insulation and Utility – The advanced garage doors come with the latest insulation feature. This feature will help in maintaining the indoor temperature of the house. Moreover, the garage door can also act as the main entrance door.
- Higher Resale Value – Properties that have advanced and sturdy garage doors have experienced higher resale value. Buyers nowadays are quite alert and concerned about the safety and security of their family members. And an advanced garage door can serve the purpose.
Things to keep on mind while purchasing a Garage Door
A garage door has steadily become a prominent part of a modern household. They offer much more than safety and security to a family. Here are some important things that you should consider while investing in a garage door:
- Security – Advanced garage doors come with rolling-code technology. In this, the security code is automatically changed every time someone uses the remote. This is a great feature that will prevent unwanted people from entering your property. This makes your garage secured with more than a billion lock combinations.
- Safety – Is your home located in a high traffic area? Do you have kids and pets in your home? If yes, investing in a garage door can prove to be a wise decision here. They come with a safety sensor and instantly stops the door functions, on sensing any person or object in its path.
- Motor Power – Make sure you check the motor capacity of the garage door before investing in it. If you are planning to buy a big garage door, go for a door with higher horsepower. On the contrary, go for low horsepower when the door light-weighted.
- Cost – You should always invest in good quality and sturdy garage door, even it is a bit expensive for you. You see, garage doors are responsible to keep your home secure and safe. You cannot trust any brand for this.
- Quality – Garage doors are available in different types of materials like wood, aluminum, steel, fiberglass, vinyl, and much more. You should first understand the pros and cons of every material before making the final choice.
- Looks – If you think that garage doors come in plain colors, you should check out the stylish range of doors available in the market. You can also get them customized as per your preferences.
- Easy to Operate – The garage door should be such that it is very convenient to operate and use. Avoid investing in a door that has a complicated mechanism. Remember, you should always go for a swift and smart garage door.
Tips to take care of your Garage Door
You see, you cannot afford to overlook the maintenance of your garage doors. Just a few simple steps and you can keep them intact and sturdy for many years.
- Cleanliness – Though this is quite a common tip, many house owners tend to take it lightly when it comes to garage doors. Nevertheless, you should make it a point to keep your garage doors and its passage clean. You can use a regular cleaning solution for this purpose.
- Maintain the Opener – Opener is one of the most crucial parts of a garage door. If the opener is damaged or malfunctioning, you might experience some serious issues with your garage door. Make sure you keep it well lubricated and hire professionals for door repair.
- Solvent – Solvent will enable your garage door rollers to function efficiently, thus keeping the garage door in the best condition. Many experts also suggest regular usage of solvent to keep the door smooth and proper functioning.
- Professional Intervention – It is essential to consult professional garage door companies for regular repairs and maintenance of these doors. This will keep the doors sturdy and in good condition.
Garage Door Costing
Many things need to be considered while planning for a garage door replacement. You see this process will include material cost, labor cost, installation cost, and so on. The garage door sans an opener that can cost you around $32,300. Let’s understand the breakdown of the garage door cost:
- Finding the Right Contractor – First things first! You can find many garage door replacement companies around you. You should take cost estimates from at least 3 top agencies. Make sure you discuss the total cost and other hidden charges. Here is some standard cost estimation of different types of garage doors.
- Single tilt-up $400-$700
- Custom roll-up: $1200-$2000
- Single roll-up: 4800-$1000
- Solid wood custom: $2500-&3000
- Door Styles – You can add various advanced features to your garage door as per your preference. For instance, you can add windows, ornamental frames, special security systems, and insulation systems in your garage door.
- Openers – Garage doors can be both manual and automatic in operations. The cost of garage door opener repair will range somewhere from $150 to $300.
- Material: The overall costing of the garage door also depends upon its material. For instance, a steel door can cost you around $750 to $3,500. Wooden material is slightly on the higher side and comes in the range of $1,200 to $4,000. Aluminum doors can cost you around $1,500 to $2,000. A fiberglass garage door is comparatively in a lower price range. Finally, the vinyl doors can cost you around $900 to $1,500, but will have limited options.
- Professional Help – Hiring a professional for installing a garage door and door repair was never an option. Make sure you have the best brand on board. Their service charges can vary from $200 to $500 solely depending upon factors like location and extent of the project.
- Lighting – If you wish to install swanky lighting in your garage, make sure you hire an experienced and professional electrician for this.
Average costs of garage repair by parts:
Here is a detailed garage door repair cost estimation for different parts of the garage door.
- Springs – $50 to $290
- Opener – $100 to $190 depending upon the model of the opener
- Chains or cables – $120 to $200 for manual doors
- Panel – $250 to $800
- Tracks – $125 to $290
- Locks – $95 to $325
- Sensors – $85 to $100
Spring is an important part of a garage door. Springs are subjected to wear and tear over some time. Make sure you connect with the best in the industry to get it repaired. The average cost of repairing or replacing an old garage door will range from $50 to $290. However, the cost might vary as per the spring type. If you have tilt-up door springs, you might need to spend an amount of $150 to $200.
The cost of repairing a roll-up door spring lies within the range of $200 to $250 and the cost of torsion spring lies in between $200 and $290. Extension springs are among the cheapest ones, costing you around $50 to $95. Apart from this, you should be ready to incur additional costs for glass repairs, dents, circuit board, roller replacements, and hinge replacement.
Get in Touch with the Best in Industry
You see how crucial door repairs are for the safety of a household. They not only safeguard expensive cars but also the complete house attached to it. You should always invest in high quality and sturdy garage doors for complete security.
Moreover, it is also crucial to keep your door in a healthy state by regularly maintaining it and getting it repaired from professionals. We have a team of highly efficient technicians who can effectively manage activities related to installation, door repair, and replacement of garage doors. Get in touch with us and get cost estimates today.